White Paper – Control MDM with TEM
Don’t Choose between MDM and TEM, Take Full Control with Both
Does your enterprise, like most today, rely heavily on wireless devices, including Smartphones, iPhones, iPads, tablets, Androids and Blackberries, to keep the business running? Then it’s important that you clearly understand the difference between mobile device management (MDM) and wireless telecommunications expense management (TEM).
MDM refers to highly technical software solutions that secure, monitor, manage, and support mobile devices deployed across enterprises. The intent of MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing support costs and downtime. MDM solutions can apply to both company-owned and corporate liable, employee-owned, or individually-liable devices across the enterprise.
However, MDM is just one component of an effective enterprise corporate mobility management program. The power is in how MDM and wireless TEM work in tandem to fully manage and protect your deployed devices and your corporate data.
Download this white paper to gain best practice tips for creating a comprehensive plan to manage corporate mobility. Topics covered describe how to:
- Recognize MDM capabilities and limits
- Assemble a cross-functional mobility team
- Perform a comprehensive organization-wide wireless risk assessment
- Determine who in the enterprise is best suited to take responsibility for TEM / MDM
- Develop a cohesive implementation strategy that integrates MDM with wireless TEM
- Understand the risk and cost implications for managing corporate and individually liable Smartphones and the Bring Your Own Devices (BYODs)
- Implement operational efficiencies to manage and secure mobility
- Create and communicate clear mobility policies
Wireless usage, costs, and management complexity will continue to grow and organizations must invest in the necessary systems to help keep mobility management under control. MDM is not the full or total solution. A complete wireless lifecycle management solution includes both functions of TEM and MDM.
Interested in the full whitepaper? Fill out our quick request form to download the complete PDF.